Thursday, February 14, 2013

It's not me, it's you

As I was tucking Liel into bed tonight, I noticed that she didn't look too happy.

"What's up, sweetheart?", I asked.

"Nothing, mommy. I'm just tired and annoyed."

"Oh", I said. "Well, I'll just give you your goodnight kiss."

"No!", she said, "I don't want you to go, mommy! I want you to be with me!"

"Ok", I said, sitting down and feeling secretly pleased that my presence was so comforting and desirable. I gave her a kiss on the forehead. "You know I love you always, even when you're tired and annoyed."

"You don't understand", Liel said, looking up at me, "I'm annoyed at you."

3 comments:

Jo said...

LOL!!!! I love the way she was working it out, with your presence! Way to go Liel.:)

FxMedChiro said...

Hot little post. Hot little girl. How BEAUTIFUL that she could say that to you! And, it is you, that made that possible. Seems like I remember you once saying something even a bit stronger, to me.
Love, Dad :)

Pusstat said...

The things your kids say never cease to amaze me.