Thursday, December 25, 2008

My magic wand

Kenn and Giselle are here tonight (en route to Montreal), so the kids got their Hanukkah gifts from them a few hours ago. One of Liel's gifts was a magic wand, like this (she's sleeping with hers so I can't show you the actual piece).

I know it's small, but you get the idea, right? OK, so after dinner the kids were running around in the living room playing with their new toys. Liel was nearly naked (for once it was my doing- we'd had spaghetti and meatballs and she had had chocolate milk. And did I mention she was wearing a white shirt? It was a disaster waiting to happen, I tell you. A laundry disaster), clad only in a pair of Tinkerbelle undies. I glanced over at their play when I heard Liel announce, "I'm going to put my magic wand in my pocket!"

What pocket? I wondered.

Liel stuffed the wand in her Tinkerbelle shorts. It poked out, pointing up at the ceiling while she continued to play, and her aunt, uncle, grandmother and I laughed so hard we cried (her father was washing dishes and missed the whole thing and her grandfather was very absorbed in his quinoa and red sauce right then).

1 comment:

the main stitch upholstery said...

souds completely logical to me. nice job liel.