Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cocktails (non vintage)

Ok, so, I'm getting cocky. Or perhaps, more accurately, I've been pretty cocky since the day I was born. Either way.

More to the point I invented a drink! Two, really. But I'm only telling you about one today, cause I gotta hold something back for the future. Don't want to blow my wad all at once, you know?

So here it is, my totally un-vintage drink (now with no pictures!).

The Hudson Valley Special

-Prosecco
-Pear brandy

Mix them together; drink and enjoy. We usually mix them somewhere between 1:1 and 1:4. Yes, I realize that this the vaguest of recipes, but trust me, it's delicious. We use pear brandy from Warwick Valley Winery, which is part of what makes this a Hudson Valley special. The other part is that I live in the Hudson Valley, and suck at naming things. 

In further cocktail news, B & Y came over for lunch yesterday and I made tostadas and Robert mixed up some French 75s. It was a most triumphant lunch.

In totally unrelated news, Robert's visa application has been received by the government outsourcing agency. Keep your fingers crossed!!

No comments: