Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Another sweater

I think I went all of February without finishing and entire project! Crazy. Of course, I've long known that hot weather makes me much less inclined to knit. I do have two partially done projects from February, and another that I finished weeks ago, but only just got pictures of this morning.

This sweater was a test knit, meaning that someone came up with the design, did the maths to make it fit different sizes, wrote it all up, and then asked for volunteer test knitters to make sure the numbers were correct, the instructions were clear, and the finished product fit. It was a fun knit, and constructed in a way I don't usually make my sweaters, so that was definitely entertaining! And I like the kind of 80s dropped shoulder look.


I'm wearing it here with churidars-- a type of Indian pants that are very, very long, very closely fitted below the knee, and then quite loose in the hips/waist. They're meant to be worn with a long tunic type shirt (a kurta, for instance), and not something this short. All of which is my way of drawing attention to them, and then asking you to please not pay attention to them ;) Because they're so narrow in the lower leg they're a bit of a hassle to get on and off and I was feeling lazy this morning!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Beautiful! I love the color and the knitting on the sides.