Saturday, May 17, 2008

Consuming

Just a few quick notes on things I have bought recently, or wish to purchase. Cause I know y'all await my cool suggestions with bated breath!

1. littleflowers. OK, so Nicole has some new products and wow. Her Adzuki Rose Micro Exfoliate is hands down my favorite facial cleanser ever. My skin really does glow! Just a little, but still...I never thought my skin would actually glow. And it smells kind of like dirt, too, which I love. The Floral Toner is wonderful, and if you like cleansing oils her is a must. So that's the latest from there!

2. Yarnzilla. She's having a sale on one of my top 3 yarns! Most of her stock is cleared out, but I've never seen Malabrigo priced so low. I bought some, and I already want more. Please save me from myself and buy it all up! You can either knit it yourself (I'm happy to teach!) or send it to me, lol.

3. Loreto. This is a new-to-me Etsy shop. She blends perfumes, and what's particularly cool about her shop is that she does custom blends for a super reasonable price. Being the indecisive creature that I am I have about 12 blends I'd like to see. Unfortunately, even at super reasonable prices 12 blends is too much. So I decided to buy a sample pack of her own creations, just to check our her perfumer vibe (you know, in case that would help me decide). I got a 5 pack and chose Neroli ("An amazing orange blossom fragrance which is equal parts exotic, refreshing and sexy. Includes top notes of Orange and Lemon. Middle note is Neroli and nothing else. Base note is Patchouli."), Cherry Blossom ("A straightforward Cherry Blossom fragrance with Bergamot, Rosewood and Sandalwood to liven it up."), Yellow Rose ("An exciting twist on the classic rose fragrance. Fresh, fruity and alive with top notes of: Peach, Honeysuckle, Lemon and Bergamot. Middle notes of Rose and Vanilla. Base notes of Amber and Oakmoss."), Liquid Sunshine ("A vibrant and exciting citrus fragrance containing top notes of Orange, Lemon, Lemongrass, Grapefruit, Lime, Bergamot and Clary Sage. Middle notes of Neroli, Basil, and Mandarin. Base notes of Patchouli, Musk and Amber.") and Sensual ("A deep, heady, exotic scent with top notes of Orange. Middle notes of Vanilla, and Ylang Ylang. Base notes of Sandalwood and Patchouli."). Yellow Rose was ick on me, but the rest were nice (cherry blossom), super nice (liquid sunshine, neroli) and amazing (sensual).

Therein ends today's consumer report.

No comments: