Friday, September 5, 2008

Coconut Ice Cream

Yesterday I made the easiest coconut ice cream EVER. Added bonus: it is also one of the tastiest coconut ice creams I've ever had! Added-added bonus: you can store the ingredients in your pantry so that you can make this on a whim. Mmmmm. Whim.

Anyway, here's the "recipe".

1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (I use the organic stuff that Trader Joe's carries)
1 14oz can coconut milk (I use the organic reduced fat stuff that TJ's carries. See a trend?)
2 tsp vanilla

And...that's it. Yep. Just open the cans, pour contents into a bowl and mix. Add the vanilla and mix again. Chill it a bit. Put it in your ice cream maker and flip the switch. Savor the awesome creamy fruits of your labor.

4 comments:

the main stitch upholstery said...

i LOVE coconut and i also love coconut icecream. i love it in a waffle bowl chocolate dipped with sprinkles with m&ms mixed in. yum yum yum

Ko-D said...

I can attest that the coconut ice cream in question is indeed quite tasty ;)

Thanks for sharing your food, your house, and the time with your wonderful kids. Hope we can all come visit yall next time.

-cody

Unknown said...

yummy, Jovi. I want to come to YOUR house for dinner. :D

Abby said...

yummy, I love coconut, I wish we could eat this at our house!