Saturday, September 13, 2008

Moonwaffles

The Texas State Fair is, as you may know, home to deep fried goodness. They fry shit you wouldn't even think could be fried, like Coke. Someday I will journey to this mecca of deliciousness, but for now I will have to content myself with reading the list of finalists at this year's fair, and possibly trying to duplicate some of them at home. I think Chicken-fried bacon would be very do-able for the home cook, for instance! Oh G-d, and with ranch sauce?? Excuse me while I attempt not to fry my precious laptop with drool.

Of course special mention must go to Chocolate Covered Strawberry Waffle Balls cause, well, if that doesn't sound an awful lot like Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls I don't know what does. Plus, balls. Hee hee.

3 comments:

njt said...

The list of fried foods is WEIRD. I am thinking a serious stomach ache.

I sent out pics yesterday via snapfish - your lovely sweater is in several. Did you see?

I found more yarn, have a check, etc. that I need to send you...

xo

the main stitch upholstery said...

i love fairs. i like the ones out here because there is always indian fry bread. yum. i made paneed pork loin last night -yum.

Unknown said...

they fry it up around here too, I haven't tried any though...i think it gives me a heart attack just walking by it.