Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

I sure have been doing a lot of whining here lately, huh? Things have certainly been more challenging than usual, but that doesn't mean I don't have an absolute embarrassment of riches to be thankful for.

Love.

Health (usually!)

Family.

Friends.

Home.

Food.

Knitting.

Wool.

Shoes.

Love.

A few days ago I read about a cool Thanksgiving craft for kids on Jewish Homeschool NYC: a thankfulness tree. Or a gratitude tree. I can't remember what she called it, but you get the idea! Zion and Liel each made one.

Here is Zion's.




Now with my Shadow! Zion wrote something he is thankful for on each leaf (both kids came up with their thankful lists totally on their own). They say, reading from left to right:

I am thankful for friends.

I am thankful for a home.

I am thankful for family.

I am thankful for water.

I am thankful for food.

This is Liel's tree.

Her leaves say, going from left to right:

I am thankful for Fluffy.

I am thankful for life.

I am thankful for water.

I am thankful for people being kind to me.

I am thankful for bats.

I am thankful for mommy.

I am thankful for family.

I am thankful for food.


I love these kids. I am so thankful that they are mine, that I get to homeschool them, that we get to be together so much, and that we have an amazing new adventure coming up in 9 DAYS!!

No comments: