Monday, December 24, 2012

Menu and banana leaf

Today we had lunch at an outdoor cafe on campus called Prakruthi.  At the request of one of my legion of fans, I took pictures of the menu, so you can all play along at home! I'm also hoping to figure out what some of these things are before my next visit, via the magic of the internet.

So without further ado, here is the menu!




On the walk to and from Prakruthi we walked through some of the forested bits of campus, which was lovely. The weather in Bangalore is so outstanding in December! On the way home the kids found a banana leaf on the path, which was somewhat surprising since there aren't any banana trees to be seen in the immediate area. They both wanted their picture taken with it. It was a banana leaf celebrity!


Lunch, incidentally, was super delicious. Our basic meal plan at the moment is to go out for either lunch or dinner each day (usually lunch) and then I cook something delicious in the rice cooker for dinner. Tonight I'm making toor dal with cabbage, cauliflower and carrots, seasoned with garlic, ginger, turmeric and cilantro. Nom!


No comments: