Sunday, January 27, 2008

Diabolik

I've complained about Robert being in charge our Netflix queue, right? But yeah, on account of my lazy I allow the situation to continue. Last week a movie called Diabolik arrived.

"What's Dee-ah-bo-leek?", I asked suspiciously.

"It's Die-ah-ball-ick", Robert replied. "I think Cody and I watched it in college and it was pretty funny."

"Mmmmph", I said.

Well, we watched it 2 nights ago. It's a late 60's era if-James-Bond-were-a-bad-guy kinda movie. The ImDb plot synopsis says, "Fey super-thief Diabolik runs around stealing jewels, gold, murdering innocent people, and being a nuisance to the government of a generic European country." and I couldn't have put it any better, except to note that it probably qualified as soft p0rn in the 60s (my favorite scene involved him and his girl having sex on an ENORMOUS round, revolving bed covered in 10 million dollars worth of cash. Classy!).

Anyway, I'm not really recommending this movie. It wasn't particularly hilarious. It did have one redeeming feature, however: the Beastie Boys video for "Body Movin'", which we still watch fairly often at Zion's request, suddenly makes a lot more sense! It's more or less a condensing and retelling of Diabolik, with tomato sauce standing in for emerald necklaces. Of course.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Yup, its time to take over the Netflix queue. If the movie was anything like that Beastie Boys video, Im sorry you had to suffer through it....lol.

Unknown said...

I never heard of it, and now I know why. :D