Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Firetruck

Tonight we went out for burgers and beer (well...one of us had beer. Take a guess as to who!) to celebrate Robert's newest professional acheievement. We walked down to the village, stopped at the bank and the yarn store (I needed buttons for Juliet!) and then on to our favorite burger spot.

On the way home we walked by one of the many firestations in our village (seriously, there are at least 3 in a village of about 8000). The kids always like to peer in the windows at the firetrucks. This time, much to our surprise, there was a fireman on the other side staring out. Even better, he opened the garage door and let the kids in to see the truck up close AND let them both take a turn "steering" from the driver's seat (Zion also got to climb around the back where the firemen ride). He was super friendly and the kids were thrilled.

Downside? No camera!! So you'll just have to imagine how cute they were. (They were both wearing sweaters I knit them, which I like to think actually manages to UP their cuteness quotient. The yarn store lady noticed that I had made both their sweaters and my shawl...I was feeling a tad embarassed, but then she noticed the skull on Zion's sweater and said, "Is that a skull?? Scary!" "No", I said, "It's a pirate skull". "Oh, are you a pirate?", she asked Zion. "Actually", said Zion, "I am not really a pirate, but I just have one on my sweater". See? Even cuter!)

3 comments:

Cookie's Mommy said...

no camera! criminal! I would have loved to see those pics! waah!

Unknown said...

omgoodness that is too cute!

See, I want tamara to make me a tote bag so that I can carry my camera around with me EVERYWHERE.

I love that the firemen let the kids in...that is sweet.

Andrea said...

Zion, is so logical. C'mon lady, get with it, see the pirate is on my sweater....

Ha-ha.