Monday, September 24, 2007

Tron, Dammit!

In class today we were discussing possible topics for future Open Thursdays. I suggested that we could do a day on religion in South Park and The Simpsons, since those shows are usually dead on when they do religion. As an example I mentioned the "Jewbilee" episode, where Moses is represented as the Master Control Program from Tron. Students laughed appreciatively (who doesn't love South Park??), but Student A objected that Moses wasn't represented by MCP from Tron, but by some Power Rangers thing.

Um, no. MCP from Tron.

No, Power Rangers.

Student B: I can't believe you're arguing over this.

But it's from TRON!

But, Tron's like, that movie from the 80s!

Um, yes. I know what Tron is. I grew up in the 80s. Y'all were barely even born in the 80s. It's Tron.

(An aside: Trey Parker and Matt Stone also grew up in the 80s. Why on earth would they reference the Power Rangers?? Man, break out of your limited generational thinking! My generation's where it's at!)

Happily, Wikipedia will provide the smackdown I need to prove my point in class Wednesady. Childish? Maybe. But I like to think of it as educating :P

1 comment:

the main stitch upholstery said...

my respect for you has tripled now that i know what you are willing to argue over! isn't it great to be right?????????? he he