Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Muscles

It was fairly warm and humid when I came home today, so I decided that instead of putting Liel in the Mei Tai and walking down to Zion's school to get him I would put her in the wagon. I love wearing her (so much so that I feel sad knowing that our babywearing time is almost up), but when it's hot and humid her extra weight and heat just make me hotter and sweatier. So into the wagon she went.

We had a nice walk down, esp once I figured out how to manage the wagon's intertia down hills. We got there early for a change, and chatted with another mama and her son until the kids were let out. Not surprisingly Zion opted to ride in the wagon rather than power himself home, so we headed off with the wagon quite a bit heavier. Which was fine- until the hills. And wouldn't you know it, the steepest hills are right at the END of the walk home. Damn hills. By the time we got home I was a red faced, sweaty mess. And my legs were tired. They aren't used to pulling 50+ lbs around! I mean, sure, I can carry 24 lbs on my back easily enough for an hour or more, but for pulling twice that my current limit is apparently 15 minutes, with hills.

On the one hand I'd like to keep taking the wagon down for school pickups, cause I bet my legs'd get all super strong and I'd be buff(er). But on the other hand, I truly love carrying Liel and holding Zion's hand, and frankly, the wagon (like a stroller) made it difficult for me to interact with the kids on our walk. And I'm kinda lazy. But also interested in being buff. You can see the dilemma...

2 comments:

Jo said...

How 'bout you trade days when you do each activity?
See ya tommorrow !

the main stitch upholstery said...

big huge duh chicka! get a double jogging stroller with reclinable seats! you can get super buff, interact with the kids (in recline mode they can look right up at you) and it is sooooooo easy to maneuver around. i had a single and a double one with the boys. mine had a shelf on the bottom to hold groceries and such. look up jogging strollers on ebay. that is where i got mine. i paid 300. they have them for more and for less. also, second hand stores rock!