Friday, September 14, 2007

Tomato days

Remember a while back when I had cucumbers from my CSA coming out my ears? And then I decided to try making refridgerator pickles out of them? And then the cucumbers stopped coming? Yeah. Well, now I have tomatoes coming out my ears. We got 6 lbs last week, and 5 lbs this week. Zion will eat some fresh tomato, but Liel won't, so this works out to Robert and I eating 5+ lbs of tomatoes EACH each week. They are delicious tomatoes, but that's a bit much, you know?

So, if you have clever ideas for my tomatoes (we're on top of tomato sauce already), here's your chance to tell me about them before I run out of tomatoes for the season!

2 comments:

K Young said...

I'm kinda hot on soup these days. I happen to know for a fact that you can use a lot of tomatos in, say, tomato soup. Just be sure to blanch them for 10s and peel them first -- otherwise you end up with all these tough little tight rolls of tomato skin in your zup.

Tomatos are good fried with eggs.

Tomatos can also be pickled.

Tomatos can be gifted to your brother.

Jo said...

love the last line in this one! Made me laugh!!