Friday, September 14, 2007

Sneaky Ninjas

Lately, Zion has become interested in ninjas. It started with a shirt I gave Robert a year or two ago which boldy declares that "Pirates are way cooler than Ninjas". His interest grew when he watched the Beastie Boys video for "Body Movin", which features a ninja attempting to steal a tomato sauce recipe. Sometimes Zion pretends that he is a ninja.

Tonight Zion, Liel and I were playing Hungry Hungry Hippos. Liel's favorite part of the game is popping the marbles out of the chute next to her hippo (side note: the quality of this game has gone WAY DOWN since I was a kid, let me tell you. Flimsy plastic, box sized so that you have to disassemble the game to put it away, and the marbles are plastic! Pride, people! Pride.). I filled her chute and Zion leaned over, said "I am going to pop Liel's marbles out!" and started whacking away at the button. "Zion!" I shouted, "Stop! You know Liel likes to release her own marbles!"
"But I am a ninja!", Zion protested in an early attempt at self defense.
"Well", I said, "I would like you to be a nice ninja".
Zion scowled at me and flailed his arms about in frustration. Then he started rubbing his hands on my leg. "I am a sneaky ninja!", he shouted, "And I am wiping snot on you!"

4 comments:

njt said...

Zion you are a cheeky ninja!

K Young said...

I hope Zion matures in his ability to express frustration with his loved ones... Lord knows his uncle never got past Zion's current stage.

Cookie's Mommy said...

lmao, chelsea just wipes her snot on the glass front of our entertainment unit...sigh

Jo said...

What a guy!!