Friday, July 6, 2007

Bad Knitting Day

So, today I bought yarn for various gift baby projects. We seriously know 8 babies due to be born around or before the end of this year! Where were all these friend babies when I was pregnant with Zion I ask you??

At any rate, I cast on for the Baby Baseball Tee for Baby Kurlinski. I'm using worsted weight yarn instead of the DK the pattern calls for, and since the pattern is only sized for 3 months I figured I'd follow it with my bigger gauge (4.5 sts/in vs. 5.5 sts/in) and get a bigger size, since Baby Kurlinski is due in early October and could then wear the sweater well into the winter. Well, after knitting nearly 4 inches of the back I realized that the sweater I was knitting would fit a 12-18 month old, not the 3-6 month old I'd hoped. Sooooo, I tore it all out. I haven't cast on again yet.

Tried something new for dinner today, too. An Argentinian chicken dish in Chimichurri sauce. I liked it quite well, but I was using boneless chicken instead of a whole, chopped up chicken (what is it with me and subsitutions today? oh, ok, it's not just today...), and hence the chicken was done before the potatoes, even tho I cut them up fairly small. Robert the potato-hater was not disappointed, but I was. Ah well. Sauce was made of oil and vinegar with garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, paprika and some crushed red pepper. Kids liked it quite well.

And now I'm unusually tired. I think I'm having sympathy pregnancy symptoms, since my friend Lisa just got a BFP today. Luckily, she is not due until next year ;)

I guess I shouldn't complain too much about my lousy knitting day. Yesterday I knocked off a Luxe Neck Warmer in a lovely Tahki Baby yarn! It's super cool. It will be a holiday gift for someone who I haven't chosen yet :P

No comments: