Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Plague

The illness started with Zion. On Friday he had a nose running like a faucet (and getting smeared all over his face, attracting all manner of dirt, and drying in horrible crusty formations) and complained of hurting in his mouth/throat. On Saturday morning Liel had a runny nose, too. On Sunday Zion was improving, tho still snotty and Liel was a bit worse. We were supposed to go visit Kenn and Giselle, but opted out since the kids don't usually nap there and I figured they needed their rest esp when sick. By Sunday afternoon Robert and I were sick, too. At this point Zion is pretty much well, and the rest of us are slogging in that direction. Lame. As if illness isn't bad enough by itself, when will we see Kenn and Giselle now?? Giselle's dad, Murray, will be visiting this coming weekend, and the final Harry Potter book is coming out the weekend after that.

I finally ordered some (but not all!) of the yarn I need for holiday gifts for this year. At last count I have 15 knitted gifts on my list, excluding my own kids and baby shower gifts. Yikes! Couple that with me teaching two classes in the fall and I need to do some serious knitting this summer. Today I finished one half of my first Fetching set (cabled fingerless gloves. I'll be knitting 3 sets in total).

As I was putting Zion to bed tonight he was looking at his Jewish Holidays book and discussing various illustrations with me and Ajax. He told me that he will be a rabbi when he gets bigger, because then he will get to take the Torah out. And rabbis are biggish. Heh.

P.S. Happy 36th anniversary to my parents!! That's, like, a lot of years. Wow, man. Wow.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Hello wonderful Jovi,
I read all your posts, and I found your writing to be quite engageing. (I spelled that last word wrong. Oh, well.)
I am amazed by all the knitting projects that you have! I think your knitted gifts are very special and I will always cherish the items I receive from you. You are so talented.
Your sweater is magnificent. And I don't think I am exaggerating.
I am charmed by Liel's spriggy pigtails!
The photo of the pie makes my mouth water.
The photos add alot to the narrative.
Your memory continues to be way above the usual.Thank you for your good wishes for our anniversary. I couldn't agree more; 36 years is stunning to me too.
I love your blog and will be a frequent reader. It seems this is going to get me to the use the computer more often!
Love from,me

K Young said...

An alternate title for this post could be "Kenn and Giselle vs the Deathly Hallows". Particularly if you name your exquisite little illness "the Deathly Hallows".