Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sporting


Today we went to buy some sport equipment for Zion (and Liel, though she's really a bit young for most of it). We had a T-ball set or a soccer goal in mind (we already have the ball for that), but neither Target nor Modell's had a decent T. While we were looking at goals Zion started playing with some little lacrosse sticks and $65 later we had a goal (suitable for soccer or lacrosse!) and two small sticks. And one ball. For some reason we didn't think to buy extras of those, an oversight we already regret. Zion played happily with his stick in the backyard after lunch, and is pretty decent at scooping the ball up off the ground with the stick, although he refuses to even try to hold the stick vertically: "No mama, I hold it like this" (out in front). I tried to explain the usefulness of cradling the ball as he runs, but he wasn't interested it that, either. He seems to be doing a bit of it on his own anyway, though.

In knitting news, I'm nearly done with my first pair of Fetching mittens. Yay! I worked the second one while we watched "Curse of the Golden Flower". It was much better than Judge Dredd, and very cool visually. You just don't see lavish sets with thousands of extras much anymore. Still, I'm not sure I can recommend that you rush right out and rent it.

10 days until the last Harry Potter book...

1 comment:

FxMedChiro said...

I like your writing style!