Saturday, July 21, 2007

Where art thou????

I have *never* been more anxious and excited to see the UPS man. In fact, I don't remember the last time I was this anxious and excited, period. I yearn for my Harry Potter book. The Deathly Hallows is like my crack, and when have you ever know a junkie who could wait 2 years for a fix?? Yeah, that's what I thought. Model of patience and restraint, right here.

I have butterflies in my stomach. I had trouble falling asleep last night. Come to think of it, I feel remarkably similar to the way I felt the night before I took my first pregnancy test. Now of course I don't think that The Deathly Hallows will bring me the long term joy that Zion has, but, um....we wantsssssss it!! We WANTSSSSSSSSSS it, my precious! It is our birthday present!!

In case you weren't sure, Kenn and Giselle lost to The Deathly Hallows in a sudden death elimination round.

I've washed dishes, swept the floors, run the dishwasher. I don't want to do anything too loud in case I miss the doorbell ringing.

WHERE is the UPS man???

2 comments:

K Young said...

I used to feel like that about new Nintendo games. Especially the Super Mario series. Recently I considered getting a wii to try to recapture some of that excitement / try to have more fun... but that was only a translucent thought floating quickly by and dissipating. Turns out the make *that* crack by the truckload these days, and I don't need that kind of habit / temptation...

So anyways, turns out that Giselle's got a lil case of Deathly Hallows herself, so its probably best that we came in 2nd this week.

Jo said...

Wow Jovs, I am a bit stunned that you felt so anxious over getting the book! Amazing!! Am I missing something that I would love to experience?!
I am also awed by your ability to read the entire book in one day.
On another note, re: the make-up, in looking at both the photos now, I am not too sure. Maybe, the 2nd one?