Wednesday, July 4, 2007

brrrr!

Is it really the 4th of July?? Cause it's COLD here in NY! (I should probably point out that I'm from Southern California. I was on the phone with my mom yesterday and she asked how the weather was here. I said it was gorgeous, sunny and in the 70's. She said "High 70's or low 70's? Cause I think low 70's is COLD!") Right now it's about 70, gray, and windy. Thunderstorms are predicted tonight. I'm super bummed cause our good friend Mr. Faux (that's Uncle Mr. Faux to the kids!) has invited us to his annual July 4 bash and it is outdoors (with a kickass view of the fireworks on the East River, since the barge is in clear sight from where we will sit). I hope the rain doesn't happen, or if it does that it doesn't interfere with the fireworks. I will almost certainly be cold, so I'm trying to finish my sweater so I can wear it. Then there'd be an upside to this crazy weather!

In other knitting news, I joined Ravelry today. Woohoo! I need to find some more cute baby sweater patterns. There seem to be a lot of babies due to join our friends this year!

No comments: