Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Blech

I just ate microwave kettle corn and YUCK. The inside of my mouth feels like it's coated in some kind of industrial grease. Ewwww. Guess that'll learn me, huh?

Dinner's going to be out of the Land of Plenty cookbook: Dan-dan noodles and stir fried green beans. I've made both recipes several times and they are delicious! If I get ambitious (and have enough apples) I might make a pie. Need to figure out something to do with these little tiny pears we got from the CSA, too. I think they're the kind that starts with an "S", but more importantly, they aren't very good eating pears. Pear butter? I dunno, I'm feeling pretty uninspired by teeny pears with peels and cores right now.

Yuck. Stupid microwave kettle corn.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

speaking of tiny and peels and cores, did you read my apple pie experience on my blog? I just want to deter you even more...

the main stitch upholstery said...

yeah, microwave popcorn in general is a big No-No, but the kettle korn variety is particularly bad. good though is Erins kettle Korn - all natuaral comes in a green striped bag-i order it from a convience center here by the case because i can't find it in town anywhere else. also, i only use a stir-crazy popcorn maker for regular popcorn. now that is the best popcorn advise i have.