Monday, October 1, 2007

Confidence

Robert and I (like most parents) are trying to raise kind, healthy, well adjusted, and confident children. Babywearing advocates claim that having your child so close to you for so much of their infancy will help produce a more independent, confident child. Well, I don't know if it was the babywearing or something else (or a bunch of somethings) but Zion is turning out to be a pretty damn self-confident kid. I was a bit anxious about how he'd do at nursery school since neither kid has ever even been left with a babysitter (other than grandparents, which has occured literally 6 times in Zion's 3 1/2 years). I needn't have worried. Robert does the drop offs and he tells me that when they get to the classroom Zion never even looks back- he just rushes off to play.

When I arrived at the school to pick Zion up today I saw him running across the grass and called out to him (in my head I had visions of him rushing over to hug me and tell me about his day). He turned towards me and his face fell. "Oh", he said, looking disappointed. "That was fast."

4 comments:

the main stitch upholstery said...

mine never cared if i left either. they love to play with their friends. they only need me for bed time because i read them stories and tuck them in. other than that, couldn't care less if i am around or not. i kept mine close to me also though when they are babies........... i still TRY to....

Unknown said...

I think it is GREAT, KUDOS!

Andrea said...

Just wait till he says No, I don't want to go home, and actually cries.

Robert M Geraci said...

kenn and giselle babysat a time or two also.