Thursday, October 4, 2007

Disjointed

Liel lost her first helium balloon today. Trader Joe's always has balloons for the kids, which they love, despite the fact that once we get home the balloons become irrelevant (until I try to throw away thier deflated carcasses, of course!). Anyway, I was loading the groceries into the car and when I turned back to Liel she was pointing up over the store and saying "Balloon go away!", which was extremely accurate. "Get balloon back?", she asked hopefully. Tears ensued when I explained that we could not, in fact, get that balloon back. So, I got Zion back out of his carseat and we headed back into the store to ask for another balloon. And buy flowers. Zion had asked for some earlier, but I'd forgotten and felt badly about it. So we left again with sunflowers, chrysanthaums, and a new balloon.

As we headed home I was feeling pleased that the excitement of the balloons would keep the kids awake in case either of them felt tired. But Liel turned on her balloon! Or it turned on her, I'm not sure. At any rate she wouldn't let go of it, but kept asking me to hold it for it.

"I can't hold it right now Liel, I'm driving. But you can just let go if you don't want to hold it, I can't fly away in the car".

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!", she sobbed.

This conversation repeated about 6 times and then Zion offered to hold it for her. What a kind brother! Two minutes later he gave it back and the howling resumed. Very long drive home. Very long.

And now, some unrealted pictures! Tell me this crocodile isn't the fattest croc you've ever seen. I love it!


1 comment:

the main stitch upholstery said...

i love your short people. i want to give them squishes and let them all play together. we need a group short people date. we could meet half-way once a week. is texas good? when the hell are you coming back this way. i don't like you all the way over there.