Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Forgive me, ABC


For I have most certainly sinned. I failed to watch The Bachelor (episode 3, season 11) last night.

Fucking Columbus Day. As if I didn't have enough reasons to hate it, it has now caused to me forget that yesterday was Monday, since I didn't teach. Bastard!

To atone, I present you with a picture of my honey-pear mead, fermenting and bubbling away! And this despite the fact that I have heard nary a peep of the adulation I so clearly deserve for taking on this bold experiment in home alcohal making. Don't say I never show my love!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ok, I hope that is better than it looks. :)

the main stitch upholstery said...

that looks like some kind of yummy chinese soup.......... i don't even know what mead is. i am not up on all of the different kinds of alcohol. i like arbour mist and bartles and james. i also like mikes hard anything. i like cheap and yummy.

Unknown said...

ok, my sister is white trash all the way, and I love her for it. A few years ago, Laine and I made "Hydromel as I Made it Weak for the Queen Mother." We found the recipe from Sir Kenelm Digby, Knight (1699) in Harold McGee's On Food and Cooking. It was pretty good - a little too yeasty...but good.

Your meade looks quite festive with the fruits hanging about in the bowl. I like the idea of just setting out a bowl of fruit with honey and water and seeing what happens. Hey, WHY ARE YOU NOT MAKING A SPONGE for breads???? Zion can help feed it apples and crap. Laine and I have replaced the need for a sponge with a rabbit. She eats all of our fruit scraps, but she's not yeasty...I don't think.

Robert M Geraci said...

columbus day cost us the bachelor last year too. as if screwing over the natives wasn't enough, the bastard keeps screwing us out of the one show worth watching on all of television (excluding anything related to stewart, colbert, parker/stone, or groening).

Robert M Geraci said...

and what's the point of mixing honey and water and then drinking it BEFORE it becomes liquor, yo? you and laine best be getting your priorities straight and letting the fermentation take its course, rachel.