Monday, October 8, 2007

We got yeast!

I know, not normally something to shout about, but the mead on my counter is fermenting! When I take the cover off it smells alcohol-y and not at all rotting. Cool!! I'm totally makng mead on my counter with nothing but water, honey, and fruit. At least, it appears I'm making mead. I'm willing to reserve final judgement until I've tried it in 3 or 4 more days.

I put the kimchi in a glass jar today and put it in the fridge. I give good odds that it'll go to my brother. I always think I'll like kimchi, and very rarely do. It's fun to make, tho! I'm like Martha the hippo and her split pea soup :P

But once the kimchi got cleared off the counter I had this big empty space with nothing fermenting! So I started some yogurt/clabbered milk. Good times.

Liel's feeling much better today. She's still not totally well, but she's been eating some and is only warm, not hot. So that's good. Hopefully she'll be ship shape by tomorrow since I have to teach, and when she's not feeling good all she wants is to sit on my lap or have me hold her.

No comments: