Thursday, November 29, 2007

Honey

The kids were pretending to be bears today and started asking me to give them various pretend honeys- yellow and orange and red and black and green. Suddenly, I had a brilliant idea! Why not set up a honey taste-test for them? So I got out the honeys we currently have (mesquite, rasberry, and buckwheat) and put some of each on a plate and let them taste them. Wow was that a hit! I was able to empty the dishwasher and sweep in the kitchen and dining room while they tasted honey. Zion told me he liked the raspberry honey best which was interesting as I'd wondered if he would have a favorite (for the record I didn't ask him if he did!). And the raspberry one is my favorite, too ;)

I'd totally win some kind of parenting award for thinking of this clever activity, except that it turns out that, you know, honey is kind of messy. Especially when paired with preschoolers. When I turned my attention back to the kids they were licking the plate in a honey frenzy. Liel had honey on her shirt, her hands, her stuffed owl, and all in her hair. Bath night!

3 comments:

the main stitch upholstery said...

let me know when you find an activity that is not "messy". i have decided that there is no such activity at this age. even reading becomes a mess after they undo all of their book shelves to find just the ones they want, then leave them wherever they were reading when they are done....

Andrea said...

Ewww. honey. it makes me gag. I should have added that to my weird list.

Unknown said...

lmao...too cute, messy, but cute!