Sunday, November 11, 2007

Knitting Granola

The kids and I made granola this morning. I'm not sure if this pushes me over some hippie cliff, but let me tell ya, it was teh awesome, and I am now confused and unsure as to why I ever bought granola when I can turn this stuff out in my own kitchen. As an added bonus it's a great thing for kids to "cook" by pouring and stirring all the dry ingredients. I have a bunch of ideas for different types/flavors of granola swirling around in my head now. I told Kenny about some of them this afternoon, and he helpfully suggested that using bacon grease instead of grapeseed oil might give one of the recipes that nudge from delicious to decadent. Hmmm.

In knitting news I finished the pink cabled mittens I was working on. They aren't my favorite knit (the pattern had a bunch of errata on the right hand mitten that really slowed me down as I had to reconstruct the pattern from the left hand mitten), but they are reasonably cute and should do the trick. Crappy photo, but what'dya think?
Robert was talking to one of his friends on the phone while I was finishing them today and he told her that I was knitting a pair of mittens. She said, "Oh my gosh, that is so sexy!" Yep, nothin' spells sex like a ball of yarn and 2 needles...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

those are GREAT mittens, I love them, good job.

Feel better soon babes.

the main stitch upholstery said...

yep, knitting is sexy. i think any heirloom craft is sexy. there is something magical about a person who hones skills.

Jo said...

darling and look warm!