Saturday, November 24, 2007

I hear Bambi's pretty tasty, too.

Tonight I made roasted cauliflower. If you haven't tried this method of preparing cauliflower, run, yes run, out for cauliflower and try it! It's amazing and delicious. Sometimes I drizzle it with tahini and pomegranate syrup and some chopped parsely, but only if I'm feeling fancy, cause it's yummy enough on it's own. Here's what you do:

-heat oven to 425
-chop your cauliflower into florets. smallish ones.
-put cauliflower in a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle w/salt and pepper
-roast for about 30 minutes, stirring once or twice.

Anyway, Zion whined and moaned about how he didn't like cauliflower anymore, but after he actually tried it he ate without protest and even murmured, "Mmmm, mmm" to himself as he polished off his last bit.

Liel didn't really complain at all, which is unusual for She of The Suspicious Palate. At one point she held up a love little floret that was completely caramelized. "May I eat this?" she asked uncertainly. "Yep", I told her, "that's an extra yummy one!" Liel put it into her mouth. "Is it yummy?", I asked. "Huh!", Liel nodded, "Tastes like butterfly!"

1 comment:

Jo said...

I wonder why I never thought of this. of course, it is delicious!! I'll do it.