Thursday, August 23, 2007

Almost there...

I have one more sleeve to go on the Tree Jacket! I think it's going to be a 30 hour sweater. Sounds like kind of a lot, but really, in just an hour a day, you too can have your very own hand knit sweater! As seen on TV! I'm lazy, will post pics when I'm done.

Robert's dad and his wife arrived for a visit yesterday. They live in Texas, and this is their first visit to us in New York. It's been whirlwindy so far- hiking, visits to the college, picking up the CSA...we're going to the Bronx Zoo tomorrow, and possibly wine tasting Saturday on the Shawangunk Wine Trail (yes, I know, with a name like that it just reeks of class and sophistication! Actually, we've been to a few of the wineries and found the wine to be quite nice. The map we got boasts that "the Hudson Valley has been called the Napa of the East...but perhaps it would be more accurate to call Napa the Hudson of the West!", and that's a stretch for sure but nice wine, all the same).

And finally- SOCKS! Last fall I began a love affair with knee and thigh-high socks. Because I'm tall I often have a hard time finding tights that are long enough in the leg. And who wants to walk around in tights with the crotch 4" below where it should be? So tall socks have filled in for me quite nicely, keeping me warm under jeans in the winter and stretching skirt season well into the fall. All this cool weather has put me in a sock-ish frame of mind, and I ordered a couple new pairs from Sock Dreams which arrived today. Here's me in my black and white M Stripes!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Them are some sessy legs!