Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Haul

This week's CSA is in, and we got:
1 head lettuce
6 ears corn
4 lbs onions
3 cucumbers
3 zucchini
1 bunch collard greens
1 bunch carrots
3 bell peppers
3 lbs tomatoes
2 pints blueberries

Yum.

As I was putting everything away Liel spotted the blueberries and asked for some, so I opened up one of the boxes and held it out to her. "Ooooo!" said Liel, as she peered into the box piled high with blueberries. She stared at the box. I stood in the open fridge with vegetables piled all over my kitchen, bent over, holding the box out to her. She stared at the box, finger poised indecisively over the berries. I grew impatient. "C'mon, Liel. Are you going to take some, or just let me hold these all day?"

"Hmmmm.", said Liel, finger still hovering. "Let hold."

1 comment:

njt said...

So funny. Liel is too cute. I hope she got a big handful of berries. Did you go berry picking after all this weekend?

xo Rika