Sunday, August 26, 2007

No Pickles at All

Yesterday I sterilized a jar and found a lid so that I could make pickles and then discovered that...we didn't get cucumbers in our CSA last week. D'oh!

Liel has started using pronouns this week. She's been using "I" for a week or two, but suddenly her speech is peppered with "hes" and "shes". It's amazing how much more complex it makes her sentences! No pronouns, but she just found a wrapper on the floor and said "Should I put this in trash, mama?"

I did finish the Tree Jacket yesterday, and I love it! I also make a Bukharan style kippah for Zion for Rosh Hashanah. It's made with a variagated yarn that he calls "stripey" and picked out himself. Today I started a sweater for Liel. She said she wanted a butterfly on it, so I'm doing this really cool Chinese-style one, but I started the colorwork too low :( Hopefully it'll still look OK, tho I doubt it'll look fabulous. Oh well- she'll probably only wear it for a year anyway!

OH! I almost forgot my most exciting news. Robert and I went on a date! Our first in a year. After we put the kids to bed we went and saw "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" while Vince and Wanda stayed here. We saw it at the IMAX and it was super, super cool. It was both of our favorite of the HP movies thus far. This may be a banner year for dates: my parents are coming to visit in a month so babysitters will abound!

2 comments:

njt said...

yeah for dates, you had us beat....we have not been on a date since late April. Morning sickness kinda kills that desire.

more pictures...

Melissa said...

How awesome you had a date! Nathan and I are terrible about going on dates- our kids are old enough to leave comfortably with a sitter- if we could find one :o) I'm glad you had a good time!