Sunday, August 12, 2007

Uncle Tom Waits

That's how Zion refers to Tom Waits. We think it's because Robert has an Uncle Tom, whom Zion has met (and quite liked) on several occasions, and he hasn't met any other Toms. So in his mind it's probably more like Uncletom Waits.

At any rate, the boy is a big fan, and his favorite Tom Waits song is "Goin' out West". Here he is, singing the first verse himself!



(In case you need a little help understanding Zionese, the lyrics he's singing are:
"Well I'm goin' out West where the wind blows tall,
Cause Tony Francciosa used to date my Ma.
They got some money out there,
They're givin' it away,
I'm gonna do what I want and I'm gonna get paid.
Do what I want and I'm gonna get paid.
I know karate,
Voodoo, too.
I'm gonna make myself available to you."

And yes, I know that he's missing a few lines ;) )

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh that was so stinkin' cute! Thanks for sharing :o)

Andrea said...

I must totally understand Zionese since I understood every word he said! Cute!

Unknown said...

that is too cute!