Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Dream a little dream

Stress dreams, anyone? Last night I dreamt that I was about to give an academic presentation on the Algonquin (my tribe). Thing is, I know next to nothing about the Algonquin! So I was trying to look in the index of this book to get SOME kind of information only the pages of the index were stuck together and so I couldn't read it at all. In desperation I started to feverishly flip through the main body of the book hoping I'd come across something about the Algonquin. Instead, I found pages and pages of charts and diagrams about dinosaurs. Weird, complicated charts that ran in spirals. I was flipping the book all over and turning my head around trying to keep up in case one of them wasn't about dinosaurs, but about Algonquins. They weren't. A good friend of mine was waiting with me as I was going through all of this.

So what was this dream about? I have two guesses, but I'm pretty un-talented when it comes to dream interpretation, so feel free to tell me what YOU think it means! Here's what I think:
Guess A: I'm feeling anxoius about school starting up again. I didn't teach last semester and I don't have completed syllabuses (oh yes, syllabuses is correct!) for this semester and the semester starts in less than two weeks. Yeah, that could be it.
Guess B: The friend with me (who shall remain nameless) recently told me that she and her husband are trying for baby #3. We've been pregnant together with our first two kids, and I could be feeling a little left behind now. Kids are awesome. We'd like more kids, but really, really can't manage them now. Good thing we have two such awesome kids already! We are so blessed :) And because of that, I really don't feel particularly stressed this morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think your interpretation is pretty good. You CAN do this dream thing ;)