Friday, August 3, 2007

More fruits of my labor + independent craftspeople

I just love this picture- Liel helping her daddy out on a hot summer day.



Didn't I do an amazing job on her? But I broke the mold after I made her, she's one of a kind, folks.

More cool one of a kind (or nearly so) goodies can be found at Etsy. You may already be familiar with Etsy, but it's such a fabulous place to buy handmade items of every sort that it still deserves a mention. As with Ebay you'll want to use common sense when buying there, but I've had some lovely items come to me via Etsy, including yesterday's birthday gift from Robert. In our not-so-aesthetic age of big box stores and plastic crap from overseas, it's nice to be able to support small business and independent craftspeople, don't you think? Sure, some of their stuff is crap, too, but...hmm, well, I just try to ignore the crap.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your birthday gift is stunning...love it.

Love the picture too, classic.

Jo said...

I love the photo of Liel!
The pie would win a blue ribbon at the fair. Have you ever considered doing so?
Moi