Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Fusion BBQ

Made a totally kick-ass dinner last night. First, there was pita bread (homemade, of course!). Then I topped it with cheater pulled chicken (seared chicken on one side, flipped it and poached to cook thru, then shredded it, tossed with a vinegary basting sauce and finished with bbq sauce from the Salt Lick in Austin, TX). The chicken was topped with one of two cole slaws: creamy (veganaise, vinegar, carrots) or vinegar (um, vinegar. and sugar. and mustard. and carraway seeds). Rolled it wrap style and YUM.

We also had broccoli. The kids love broccoli. With Veganaise. Some traditions die hard (or not at all)!

1 comment:

Jo said...

I read all the posts I missed. I have several comments as follows:
The booties are amazing. They certainly stuck a note with your readers, more comments than anything else you have posted. Maybe you could sell them at a baby boutique!
I enjoyed the photo of Liel in her outfit. She has changed so much in her looks in 6 months. I am so looking forward to seeing both kids.
The socks you modeled are crazy! I love'em!
I was telling your dad what an fabulous cook you have become. You have really honed your culinary skills and creativity. Awesome.
The Miss S. Carolina bit was stunningly incomprehensible. But then intelligence does not seem to be high on the beauty contest radar. How do you find this stuff!!? Thanks, it was definatly amusing.
And finally, I LOVE the french bulldog!! Clearly, Robert has no taste when it comes to charming dog breeds. Ya know, it doesn't look much different to me than a Boston. What's different about them (other than coloring)? Would a Boston work for you? Is a Boston any less expensive?
Of course, it you get a dog, would I be correct in assuming you would never be able to move back to Brooklyn?(no yard)
Oh yeah, one last thing, I peeked at my socks. I love them!!!!!!