Saturday, August 25, 2007

Not-Dill Pickles?

My brother sent me an awesome link to the Homesick Texan's recipe for refridgerator dill pickles. I must try them. Only thing is, I don't have any fresh dill right now. 2 weeks ago? Yes. But today, no. I could buy dill. But I'm kind of against buying produce during prime CSA season, esp if it's something we routinely get from our CSA. So, what do you think? Skip the dill? Use parseley? I also have fresh basil and fennel, but I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to convince Robert to eat pickles made with those herbs, esp since he's leery of homemade pickles anyway (which is odd, since the bread and butter pickles Kenn and Giselle made us are among his favorites).

We had a fun, long trip to the zoo yesterday. The kids loved it and did great, but had very short naps as a result and are grumpy as all get out today. It'll be early naptime here!

To add to the fun the weather has suddenly remembered that it's August and man is it hot! We're supposed to hit 99 degrees today, and it's gray and muggy and humid. My coastal Californian self cries a little every time we have weather like this. ...maybe more than a little.

I just need to seem a sleeve on the Tree Jacket and weave in the ends (and maybe redo the bind off around the body), and it'll be done. Then on to the children's sweaters! Look for pics later today.

No comments: