Friday, August 17, 2007

Growing Girl

I took Liel to the pedetrician for a weight check today. Ever since her 6 month appt her height has been growing along nicely, but her weight has been dropping lower and lower on the chart. At her 18 month appt she was below the 5th% for weight, and barely on the chart at all. I'm not concerned about her- my family tends to be thin and she's growing and developing fine. I don't think her doc is overly concerned, either, but he asked us to do the weight checks (just to cover bases in case of malpractice I'm guessing), so we are cause we like him and like his doctoring style.

She weighs 22 1/2 lbs!! That means that she gained 2 lbs in 3 months, more than triple her normal 3 month weight gain of 8-10 ounces. It also puts her weight in the 10th%. Her doctor was pleased (I think he was a bit concerned she was going to go off the weight chart). I'm not convinced she won't be lower on the chart again in 3 months when we go back, but it's nice to see her growing along (and proving me right. As I was walking the 1/2 mile to the dr's office with her on my back in the mei tai I thought: she feels heavier. I bet she's gained weight!).

No comments: