Thursday, August 9, 2007

Logical Fairies


Here's my little fairy girl, looking cute as can be! My parents bought me these fairy wings from some hippie chick at the Organic Festival at Oak Park in Santa Barbara before I had any kids. Nice to see them getting continued use!

Zion is developing a cool sense of logic. Yesterday he wanted me to make him a hot air balloon so that he could reinact a scene from The Great Corgiville Kidnapping. I made hime one out of a plastic cup and some yarn, but it wasn't very good and the yarn kept sliding off. Robert had the idea to drill holes in the cup and thread the yarn thru there, but checked with Zion first to make sure that he understood that if there were holes drilled in the rim of the cup he wouldn't be able to drink out of it anymore. "Do you understand? Is that OK?" Robert asked. Zion nodded. "Yes, because if there are holes there the water will pour out when I try to drink from the cup".

A few days ago he was talking to my parents on the phone and my dad was telling him about how their cat, Bob, catches gophers, squirrels, rats, and lizards. "Why does he catch them?" Zion wondered.

"Well", my dad said, "he eats them. He eats gophers and squirrels and rats and lizards".

Zion looked puzzled. "Don't you have any cat food?", he asked.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

omgoodness. Look at that beautiful girl. She is getting so big!!

Zion is a clever little boy LOL. Too cute!

Andrea said...

Zion is sooo funny!!

Liel looks adorable. Her and Zion could be twins.