Monday, August 6, 2007

Muggy Monday

Robert stayed home from the office for my birthday last week, so he went in today even though Monday isn't usually an office day. He biked, so the kids and I have the car! We celebrated by going to the craft store this morning. I exchanged some yarn and replaced it with yarn for a neck warmer for my grandmother, a Bukharan-style kippah for Zion (he insisted he wanted a stripey one like the little boy in the pattern picture), and legwarmers for Liel. Gramma just sent me a bunch of trendy kid's catalogs, and let me tell you, all the little girls are wearing legwarmers this fall! Liel chose a light heathered pink yarn for hers. I might do some stripes or colorwork to jazz it up a bit, we'll see.

Now the kids are napping so I'm working on sewing the tentacles onto Robert's messenger bag.
I finished knitting it last night while Kenn and Giselle were here and we were all watching "Zoolander". It's hilariously huge (as all knit-to-be-felted items are), and when the tentacles are on I'm going to take a picture of Robert with the bag on, and I'll post it then. I'm a little concered about the flap- the pattern called for it to be edged with an addtional row of knit stiches and another bind off, which I did, but now it's curling a bit at the bottom. I can't decide if I should felt it and wait and see what happens or pull out the edging. It looks a lot better on the sides with the edging, however.

I'm also working on the Squatty Sidekick purse. Kenny said, "Are you making that because it has the word "squatty" in the title?" Hmmm... Umm, no.... I mean, who would do a silly thing like that??

No comments: